Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Learning to Praise!

I am trying to be thankful in the midst of adversities. Earlier this year, I was furloughed for 5-days. It was supposed to be 7-days and I was thankful it was cut short. Granted, it was challenging for my family but it was manageable. 

Yesterday, 90% of my agency and several other Federal agencies received an official furlough notice. I am thankful that I will still be able to work due to the nature of my job. But I won't be getting paid until everything goes back to normal. 

I was really depressed about it because this will directly impact my family as well as millions of American families out there who work so hard to keep this country running. 

BUT through it all, I have a very supportive hubby and parents who keep calling and texting and sending messages to check up on me.

It is fitting that my bible passage on Tuesday morning said to "Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights above." (Psalm 148:1). So in-spite of this situation, I am going to praise God for his MANY COUNTLESS blessings!

I am praising him for my daughter's beautiful smile. 


I am praising him for my beautiful family.


I am praising him for providing me with the skills and ability to do something I enjoy.


I am praising him for wisdom and direction. 



(P.S. The skirt is a work in progress)

In the midst of adversities, I am and will continue to PRAISE MY GOD!

What are you praising God for today?

8 comments:

  1. this is a great message - and adorable skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that.
    I love that family pic, JOE is such a happy kid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen my sister. His praise will continually by in our mouths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a really positive outlook and i'm glad to hear you have great support system. JOE does have a beautiful little smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore you! You have a great spirit!

    I'm glad that you have an amazing support system! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am trying to make the best of things because I know a lot of people have it worse than I do.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *