Monday, September 23, 2013

When frustrated, throw pillows! Another DIY

It was a very busy weekend and I needed an outlet so these pillows were my outlet :-). 

I looked at some pillows at Marshalls, Bed Bath and Beyond and Home Goods and just was NOT willing to pay the price. So I decided to get some fabric from Wal-mart and make them myself using instructions from Pinterest. 

They had pre-made pillows at the right size but those cost $6.99 each! So instead, we got these for $2.50 each and I used the stuffing.






Expertise needed: Beginner...you just need to know how to measure and use a sewing machine.
Total Approximate Cost: $24 for 5-pillows. ($7.50 for the pillows used as stuffing and $16.50 for all the sewing materials)
Time spent sewing: This took a total of 2-hours. I did them all while JOE took her afternoon nap.
Feedback: I am new at doing invincible stitches. That's what's needed to close the pillows. I am still learning and will watch a few more YouTube videos to perfect it. I will do more pillows again in the future.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You are seriously so crafty! Wish I had that crafty bone, it would save me so much money!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith is so right, you are one crafty lady. I wish that's what I did when I was frustrated instead of eating ice cream and watching tv.
    Can't wait to see more DIY projects coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...I am trying to channel my time towards something more productive. Plus I found that I actually like this so for now, it is my activity of choice :-).

      Thank you!

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *