Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Another dress...what I do when I get bored :-)

So here is another Pinterest project I took on on Monday while I was bored. I purchased a 1/2 yard of a few materials a few weeks ago so I decided to make another outfit for JOE.
I got the pattern from here. It is a peasant dress and it took me about 3-hours to complete because again, I didn't follow the instructions and made a mistake which I had to undo.

The pattern:


Leftover materials after cutting



The dress (pre-modifications):


Expertise needed: Beginner
Total approximate cost: $5 (Zebra print was $3.89 from Hobby Lobby and the orange material was $0.98 from Wal-Mart)
Total time spent sewing dress: 3-hours (includes time spent un-doing mistakes)

Feedback:
I tried the dress on JOE and the sleeves were just too big for her. Granted, this was for 12-month olds but I just don't think she'd grow into them in 2-months. So I made some modifications to the original design. 






My model.



This is an awesome dress for the fall because she can wear leggins with it. 

YAY!!! I am already looking through Pinterest for another easy pattern to sew. 

Happy hump day!

8 comments:

  1. I see an etsy kids clothing store in your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. I would totally buy your stuff too

      Delete
  2. J, if this is what you do when you are bored, I want to see what you do when you are motivated.
    That is one cute dress, love the color combo. JOE is clearly loving it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like making things like this because it makes me feel productive. I didn't even know how to sew with a machine before getting my sewing machine. I just figured it was something I'd like to try and I decided to :-). Thanks to YouTube and Pinterest!

      Delete
  3. oh wow..you are doing great and what a way to spend your bored times!!! love the little heart detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-). I figured the heart will make it more unique. I hand-sewed it though. Haven't mastered the art of sewing small details like that with a sewing machine.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *