Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Photo Dump Wednesday: Weekend activities

I planned on posting this on Monday but got really busy so instead, I'll be posting it as part of photo dump Wednesday. 

Last weekend, J & I decided to tackle another task we've been meaning to do. Last year, we created a rose bed and used stones to frame it. We intended to do the same for the rest of the flower beds in front of our house but we never got a chance to until last Saturday. 
So while JAE slept, we set up the baby monitor and had JOE help us around the yard. 
As they say, "team work makes the dream work." I dug the well for the stones and J filled it in with pavers' sand and the stones while JOE acted as the "back seat driver" by telling us "you missed a spot!" or "can I help?" or "don't spray me with the water" or "momma, can I have a frog?" By the way, my response to the last statement was "ewwwww...momma pick up frogs!"

Anyways, here are pictures of the yard.

The before...






The after. We really like how it turned out.







Also, turns out peepholes don't come standard on doors! Who would have thunk it? I've always had peepholes in the doors of places where I live so it was a surprise to me when we built our home and didn't have a peephole in the door. We frosted the side panes for privacy and for the longest time, I've been wanting a peephole so I can see who is on the other side of the door before opening. 
I ordered this peephole from Amazon.com. J and I were both able to install it in our front door. The entire thing took less than 20-minutes to install. Score one for quick and easy DIY projects.


Now on to our weekly mommy/daughter selfie. I just love the different expressions on JAE's face. JOE is already a pro at selfies.

This is JAE's "here we go again...I'm not sure about this" look.


This is JAE's "enough is enough" look.


This is JAE's "fine. You win but I refuse to smile" look.


And her "you're still at it mom?" look.


But as they say, practice makes perfect. The next day, JAE was in a better mood. Here's her "OK. I won't fight it" look.


And her "oh, this is not so bad. I'll even attempt a half smile" look. 


And her "OK OK. I indulged you. Now, let's move on" look. I already know that JAE will be the one making faces in pictures. I love it!


Be still  my heart! I took this picture while pumping last Friday and J was getting the girls ready for the day. Love them, love them!


I hope you're having a great week so far! I was recently tagged by Call me Mummy to blog 7-random things about me. I am in the process of putting together that list and hope to post that blog next week. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, same here! I thought doors came with peepholes!! We have to do it on our door and thanks for the recommendation because I'll look into buying the same one and have Sean install it :)

    Your yard looks great! In our old house we had a rosebush and I miss it so much so I hope to plant one next Spring.

    Loving the selfies! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful home and I love your pretty garden. You all did a great job. Great selfies with Joe and Jae and I really love the picture of dad with the girls... that's perfect for Father's Day. Enjoy what's left of your weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *