Thursday, June 11, 2015

JAE's 2-month update

And just like that...maternity leave has come to an end!

I started back working (teleworking full time for the month of June) on Monday. While I do welcome the break I get during the day from caring for a baby, I really miss spending time with JAE. Yes, I get to see her randomly during the day when I go to get breakfast or lunch but its not nearly enough. 
It would be nice if the US decides to start doing what other countries are doing and provide new moms with paid maternity leave. That way, new moms can spend more time with their babies before going back to work. However, I am not complaining. I feel very lucky to have the option to telework as part of my transition back to work. Not everyone has that.

Yesterday, JAE turned 2-months. Time is going by so fast! I feel like it was just last week I pushed her out! Its true what they say about time waiting for no one. 

JAE smiles a lot now. She'll hit you with the biggest smile if you get close to her. She LOVES her sister JOE who is also the benefactor of a ton of smiles and giggles. Its just so cute to watch.

JAE is also a lot more alert. She still a very good sleeper and typically only cries for the basics...food, needs to be burped or is too hot.

Her  facial expressions when trying to take a selfie often crack me up.  




Here is big sister JOE reading to her. At first she was attentive.


Then she started asking for her food by looking up at me and putting her hand in her mouth.


Speaking of food, I had to take a picture of this. My first 6-oz output with this baby. I know it doesn't look like much but this is 2 meals for JAE and since I hate pumping, I am hoping my output continues to increase so I can store more milk for her when I go back to work and start cutting back on pumping.


Coincidentally, yesterday also marked another milestone. I packed up all my maternity clothes yesterday since they (thankfully) no longer fit my post baby body. 


While packing these items, part of me got sad. I wondered if I'd get to wear them again for another pregnancy. I sure hope so but like I posted earlier this week, it is all in God's hands.


I am almost done with my first work week post maternity. It was a hectic week and I am very much looking forward to the weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm I'm always amazed at how time flies. I can't believe JAE is 2 months already. Tele working sounds like a much easier way to transition back to work than having to go straight back to the office. But you right, it would be nicer to stay home longer and get paid. In South Africa you are entitled to 4months unpaid annual leave and the lucky ones will be paid by their respective employers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...JOE reading to JAE is the cutest thing i have ever seen...these are moments in sibling hood that i think are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *