Friday, February 8, 2013

#ProjectMilf: Week 1 - Introduction & Goals

I have never really been one to stick with my new year's resolution so a few years ago, I decided not to make them because I didn't want to feel disappointed with myself when I failed to achieve them.

However, when I came across this challenge from some fellow bloggers (PegsterToi & Mrs. Pancakes), I figured it'd be a good idea to take on a new challenge this year. I am now older and wiser and feel like I can do this. So without further ado, here is a little about me and my goals for this challenge.

Just as an FYI, MILF stands for Motivating Inspiring Leading Female

About Me:
- I am a planner! I love to plan as much as I can. It is in my nature and should come as no surprise that I chose to pursue IT Project Management as my profession.

- I love to travel and have a "travel" kit ready to go at any given moment. Although, that kit might now be outdated since I have to also take my daughter JOE into consideration.

- I am a new mom and I truly love every moment spent with my little girl.

My Goals:
I am going to make just 3-goals for this challenge. I am hoping I am able to stick to all of them.

#1 - Work on my relationship with J. While I do believe that we have a good marriage, being new parents has certainly made things a little more challenging. We don't hate each other neither are we fighting all the time. But we used to do sweet little things for each other pre-baby and now, due to lack of time and energy, that's gone out the window. I'd like to get back to that. No doubt, it'll make hubby very happy! Even if its a special meal at home, I think that'll add back something we haven't had in the last 3-months. I am also a part of a February challenge group on Facebook that involves "making love" to our husbands on a daily basis. Not physically but mentally. By writing notes and doing things that make him feel loved.




#2 - Work on my body so I can get healthier. I have never been a skinny gal but this is the heaviest I have been. Granted, I did have a baby 3-months ago but I was back to my pre-baby weight by the second week after I had JOE. So my current weight is where I was before I got pregnant and it is a good 30-lbs heavier than I have ever been. In the spirit of being realistic with myself, I am going to aim to lose just those 30-lbs to get back to my pre-heaviest weight. I figured once I get there, I can decide on how much more I'd like to lose. So below is my goal weight image. That's a picture of me in 2008 when I went to Columbia with a singles meetup group. It was so much fun! This was right after we went zip-lining.



#3 - Work on my spiritual life. I currently volunteer in the Children's ministry at our Church 2 Sundays each month. However, I think I should be more involved with the Church. Part of that would be spending more time with like minded people who can help me grow spiritually in faith. J & I both used to attend the couples ministry event at our church as well as newlywed ministry (for couples who have been married less than 5-years). I'd like to commit to going for at least 4-events this year. They are done every other month and we've already missed one so I am hoping to only miss one more for the remainder of the year.

So there you have it. Come with me as I take on this new challenge! Feel free to participate as well!




18 comments:

  1. i love this! looking forward to following along as you get your goals accomplished.

    i really love the challenge you're doing in the month of Feb for hubby. i think i should do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Would love to read about what you do for hubby. I can cheat off you :-)

      Delete
  2. great goals and you sounds very dedicated so I'm betting you will achieve them :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. I am sure you can achieve them because they are all realistic and I am here if you need any help or word of encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Feb challenge u doing. Sounds really cool. Rooting for you ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goals are so in line with mine. We are like kindred spirits. I know you can accomplish them because you are motivated and they are worthy goals. Keeping hubby, your health and you Lord and Savior as a priority will only make your life better! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! looking forward to reading about your progress.

      Delete
  6. YAY J, such great and attainable goals. Let's help each other through these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, confession - when i saw the acronym MILF, my mind thought naughty lol! but having fully read your post, i now know that the term is for something a lot more fulfilling and inspirational!

    i too do not make resolutions; i have found it better to focus on goals and have written a post about it on my blog. i find your goals very simple and very significant, bound to positively change your life. i wish you all the best!



    celebrating 1 year of blogging with a giveaway - www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...You are not the only one. I too thought the same thing when I first read about the challenge.

      Delete
  8. I can relate to your second goal... yesterday I went to this waterfall and the climb nearly killed me... I'm seriously hurting right now definitely need to get fit! I hope you accomplish all your goals... Much Love
    Chari T (deep fried stilettos)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goals are good. Working on your relationship as new parents is hard but you will adjust. Youll find a new balance.

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *