Thursday, February 14, 2013

#ProjectMilf: Week 2 - My MILF idol!

Happy Valentine's Day readers. I hope you're all spending some time with the one you love.

I will be spending mine with my 2-loves (J and JOE).


Look who is holding her own bottle...with some assistance of course! Apparently, a trip to Walmart was more than she could handle. She was SCREAMING at the checkout counter. I had to get her back in the car and give her some food.



Here is my little happy JOE. She loves to smile.



And again...


And my handsome hubby.




#ProjectMilf - Week 2 - My MILF idol:



The Milfs in my life are my sisters and my mom. They truly are awesome women of God first and foremost and then they are very career AND family oriented. Each of them is a leader in their own right and it would take me pages and pages to brag about them but I'll give each one a couple of lines starting from the right and working my way left.

My sister G is an awesome mom. She was married at 22 and a mom at 23. She is the mother to 3-lovely and very well adjusted kids and the best wife to her hubby. 12-years later, they are still going strong. She teaches me each day what it means to be a woman of God. Whenever I call her with a problem, the first words out of her mouth are "let's pray about it" or "have you prayed about it?" or "I will pray for you even if you don't think it can change." Not only is she a woman of God at home, she is a manager at one of the country's top investment firms. Now, that is a powerful woman of God right there!

My sister T is truly patient and talented. She is very determined and even though she is the youngest sibling, she is very insightful and full of life! I love the way she loves life and likes to confront challenges. Its no wonder she is preparing to graduate from law school in a couple of months! She is not easily influenced and speaks her mind. The world better watch out for her because I see her going places! You might hear of Judge T sometime in the near future and I can always say "I knew her when..."

My mom. She is the reason I am who I am. She truly has taught me how to persevere in the midst of adversities  She is always on her knees praying for me. She always has my back. She was there in the delivery room encouraging me through the birth of my own daughter and I pray that one day, I am like my mom. She is strong and never lets other people get her down. She will fight for her kids not just in words but in prayers. She always has a song of prayer (yes, my mom can sing an entire prayer when she is feeling down) and she is the reason all 4 of her girls are successful. She is a mother of 6 and of the 6, 5 have an advanced degree (past college) and that's thanks to her. The last one is going to begin his program later on this year with encouragement from my mom. I could go on and on and on. I LOVE this woman VERY VERY MUCH!!!

My sister A. I can assure you that when God was giving handing out talents, he gave my sister A a double portion. She is SMART and BEAUTIFUL! Talk about the full package! She gives so freely and willingly. She confronts challenges and sees them as opportunities to grow. She encourages. She pushes others to succeed and never wants to see anyone fail. Even when all doors are closed, she will find a window. She is definitely a glass half full gal and I love her for it. Oh and to top it off, she is an MIT graduate. Yup...she's pretty smart!

Happy LOVE day.
Do something special for a random person today. You never know how your act can change a life. Even if it means giving $1 to a homeless person. You just may have fed that person for the day!

8 comments:

  1. Happy love day to you. You are surrounded by brilliance, and no doubt there is tonnes of it in you! What an amazing family you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not sure it rubbed off on me but I really do admire them :-).

      Delete
  2. What a great testimony of your mom and sisters. It's nice to be surrounded by such inspiring women.

    Loving all the pics of JOE. It's always such a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love love love the women in your lives...so glad we celebrated them today!! And OMG JOE is awesome awesome...too cute...she needs to meet my son:-) btw: did you link your post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yes...I did link my post. Only issue is that I used the wrong name. I couldn't go back and re-link it. :(

      Delete
  4. i am so happy you celebrated all the women in your life. they all sound amazing and inspiring.

    JOE is so cute. i'm loving those first smiles

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *