Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Italy - Part 2 of 2...Florence!

We had a great time in Florence and on the second day, I had what I considered my biggest accomplishment during the trip. I climbed the Giotto Campanile! Here's some information about it in case you're curious. It has 414 steps up the tower and I did it!
My goal was to climb the Duomo which is about 463 steps but the line to get up there was LOOOOONNNGGG and I since I already did that the last time I was there, it was OK to just climb a different one this time.
The view from the top was just as spectacular as the Duomo.





Front of the Duomo.

While climbing the Campanile, I took this picture.





The Duomo! I climbed that building in 2007. Wow...can't believe its been that long!




Yup yup! We made it to the top :-). Yes I am smiling cause I'd just had an apple so I have some energy to smile :-).

I did it! Baby and I did it that is. Had to get a picture with the bump :-).


We had a great time in Florence. My next blog will be some of the dishes we had during our trip.

Until next time...Arrivederci!

6 comments:

  1. SO beautiful! I want to go to Italy badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you absolutely should. You'll love it there. The food, the people, the sites...its just all really cool. My hope is to one day go back and open a B&B in a town somewhere and live there with J after retirement. We'll see...retirement still seems so far away right now :-).

      Delete
  2. I love the proud look on your face in the bump pic. You did make it to the top :). You took some awesome pics on your trip. What a great babymoon this was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I felt like I actually accomplished something a lot of folks said I couldn't. When we got to the top, sure enough, there were others who had also made it there and had other "issues" so I was glad I didn't chicken out on the way.

      Delete
  3. Well done you! Florence is so beautiful through your and J's lens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful city. I think the only thing that would have made it any better is if I could have a glass of wine every now and then while there. But with baby on board, that was not to be the case. Oh well...all the more reason why we'll have to go back again :-).

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *