Monday, November 9, 2015

DIY Monday: Yummy crockpot chicken

I am always on the lookout for easy recipes that can feed my family for a number of days. And as always, Pinterest saved the day again this time. 
I purchased a whole Perdue chicken from Walmart for $4.77 a while back and have had it in the freezer. Since I've been pumping and storing, our deep freezer is full which means I needed to start cooking the items in there. 

I found a recipe that didn't require me going to the grocery store but rather using what I already have at home. SCORE!!!

It is simple and if you have a crockpot, you can't go wrong with this one. 

These are the spices you will need. You can add or remove whatever you don't like. The 3 staples I think you should have though are seasoned salt, pepper and butter. Everything else can be substituted for your favorite seasoning. 

Spice list:
Minced Onions
Seasoned salt
Iodized sea salt
Garlic Powder
Thyme
Dry rosemary
Adobo all purpose seasoning
Paprika
3 TBS of butter or butter substitite (not shown in picture)




Mix all the spices together while the chicken thaws.





Then rub the spices all over the chicken. I also rubbed it on the inside. Set your crockpot on high and then leave it be for 6-hours. 


The outcome is a very yummy and succulent chicken. The meat falls off the bones.


This has been part of a meal for us on 3 different occasions. SCORE! Considering how inexpensive and easy this is, you can't go wrong with it. 



Do you have any easy go to chicken recipes? If so, I'd love to try it so do share. 

If you do make this, feel free to let me know how it turned out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *