Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hair Update: A step by step of clay treatment and my "wash and go" routine

I promised to post this last month but since I only plan on doing a clay treatment once a month, I couldn't post until now. I just did one yesterday and wanted to share a step by step.

These are the items for my clay treatment.

I purchased this from Amazon.com. It was $10.17 with my prime membership.


This I got from the Organic market not too far from us. It was $4.97


I also purchased this item from Amazon.com for $10.39. It will last me A WHILE because a small amount goes A LONG way. 


I got this bottle from Wal-mart. I honestly can't remember how much it cost because I have had it for over 6-months. With Olive oil, a little goes a long way. I use this for both JOE's hair and my hair as well. 


I got this from a local beauty supply store. A pack of 8 cost $1.39


Steps:
1. Mix 1/2 cup of clay with 1/8 cup of water, 1/8 cup of organic apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel in a cup. Add more clay if you want it a little thicker or adjust ingredients as needed to get the consistency you want. 

2. Using a wand or plastic knife, stir it all until it is smooth

3. Part hair into 4-sections

4. Spray hair with some water. I used my hands to add the water so you don't really need a spray bottle. 

5. Add the clay to hair and massage it into your scalp as well as liberally apply it to your hair. 


6. Apply a conditioning cap and leave on for about 20-minutes. 



7. If you have any leftover clay, you can also use it on your face like I did. Win-Win! 



8. After the time has elapsed, step in the shower with your conditioner of choice. You don't need shampoo because that's the job of the clay treatment. I use Aussie conditioner and I get the big bottle from Wal-mart.

9. Rinse out hair thoroughly with luckwarm water. Be sure to massage your scalp to make sure you get any remnants of the clay out. Then apply the conditioner. I let it sit for about 5-minutes while I wash up and then I rinse it out.

10. I use a towel to pat my hair to get rid of excess water. That way, I still keep some moisture in.



Freshly washed hair with no products.




Next, I massage some of my oil mix into my scalp. The base for the oil mix is this Doo Gro oil. I have just always used it. Not sure if it makes a difference but I haven't had any problems with it so I use it. I add some peppermint oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, shea oil and olive oil to the bottle. Mix it all up and apply directly to my scalp. I massage it in.


Once done, I apply a small amount of Olive Oil to my hair in sections. 


Then I work the eco styler section by section through my hair with my fingers. 


And that's it. 






Typing this up makes it seem like a really long process but honestly from start to finish, it takes about 45-minutes and that includes my shower.

I hope this helped someone. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.


2 comments:

  1. your texture looks so good...i've used the clay mask before and i loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *