Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Photo Dump Wednesday: Life in general

Its been a good few days. We had a lovely weekend as a family. We decided to spend more quality time together instead of spending it running errands. We went to the mall and JOE enjoyed playing there.
We also now have a tradition of Sunday afternoon popcorn time. JOE loves popcorn and eating it with her dad is one of her favorite Sunday after Church activities. It's amazing how quickly kids learn stuff. We started this popcorn thing like 4-weeks ago and already, now she'll ask for it once we get back from Church on Sunday. Then she'll say "dadda, sit here!" in her very commanding voice. Oh so cute!

Anyways, here are some pictures from the past week.

Here is JOE cheesing it for the camera.


Those lashes! Love every single one!


Look at her growing teeth!


I love her side smirk. Its like she knows something that she's not ready to share.

When we went to the mall, I saw one of these vending machines. Looks like a regular one right? Except it is exclusively for parents with kids! It has juices, baby food, diapers, wipes and other items. How cool is that?


Just a few updated shots of my hair. Its been a month since I did the big chop. I am happy to say that things are coming along nicely. 
I did my first real non-assisted (as in no additional puff) puff this morning. I like it! I did miss a couple of pieces around the corner because I was in a rush this morning. But so far, it turned out OK. 


Its a tiny puff but it is growing :-).


Another view.


And my birthday present from my sister FINALLY arrived last week. I couldn't wait to try them on. I love these boots! They are sooooo comfortable! And fit around my not so small calves! I couldn't wait to wear them to work today. Now I feel really ready for the Fall/Winter.


Also, thanks to my sister for this hair brush for JOE. Most times, I have a tough time getting JOE to settle down for me to brush her hair. Even though I detangle in the tub, its quite long and curly so its always a battle. I mentioned this to my sister and she ordered this brush for me. Last Saturday's hair session actually went MUCH better than usual. Yippee!


So glad it is Wednesday and my last work commute day this week. My commute is certainly not the worse in this area but waking up at 4:30am in the morning 4 out of 5 work days can be challenging. Looking forward to waking up later tomorrow. Woohoo!!!

Hope your week's going well so far. 


8 comments:

  1. Joe does have some long, pretty eyelashes. She's such a cutie. I think that vending machine is a great idea. I wish that was around when my daughters were little because we were always at the mall. I love your boots, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I think that vending machine is pretty cool. Never heard of even seen one like it but I'll definitely be sure to use it if ever the need arises and I am at the mall.

      Delete
  2. 4.30am !!! What the hell, how on earth do you manage that while taking care of your family? I would have no energy left!
    I also cut my hair recently and am waiting VERY patiently for it to grow back VERY slowly. It's such a pain :) :)
    Alex - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I got used to it. The first month or so was BRUTAL but over time, its gotten a lot easier to get up. Plus I do like leaving work at 3pm. Can't beat that.
      How's your hair journey coming? Thanks for visiting. Off to check out your blog.

      Delete
  3. JOE is such a beauty, I am so impressed with her communication skills. It was so good seeing you guys last weekend.

    I am loving your hair by the way, you are making such great progress. It was a great idea to just chop it and make it work. You are motivating me to go natural, if only I could skip the short hair phase and go straight to long hair, smh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really nice seeing you. Hopefully, we can do it again soon into the new year.

      I hear ya on skipping the short hair phase. Although, I am starting to realized that short hair isn't all bad. I mean, my hair can at least now go in a bun so it isn't short short BUT still, I kinda like not using A TON of products on it and not having to spend too much time to style it. I guess I'll learn the flip side of the coin at this time next year.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *