Anyways, I digress. Back to last night. I wanted something easy that wouldn't take a ton of time and that JOE could help me with. I also wanted it to be something that I already had all the ingredients at home for. I wasn't interested in going to the grocery store.
While scrolling through Pinterest, I found a recipe for tuna patties. Score! It looked so easy and I figured would be a good protein dinner. So I brought out what I thought was my can of tuna and got to work. Well, upon opening the "tuna", I realized it smelled more like chicken. So I looked on the can and lo and behold, it was chicken!
Anyways, what was supposed to be a tuna melt dinner ended up being a chicken melt dinner and it tasted DELICIOUS!
12.5oz can of chunky chicken breast
1\3 cup shredded cheese. I used mozzarella cause it's what I had on hand
1\3 cup egg white
1\2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1\2 tsp seasoned salt
1\2 tsp ground black pepper
1\4 cup bread crumbs
1\3 cup chopped onions (I used the frozen kind so I heated it on the oven for one minute so it wouldn't taste raw)
- Drain the canned chicken
- Add all ingredients to a bowl (increase or decrease spices as desired) - JOE helped me with this part. She loves to throw everything in the bowl.
- Spray the frying pan and turn heat to medium/high
- Form balls or chunks of patties with your hands
- Place in pan and use a frying spatula to flatten the patties
- Let cook for 7 - 10 minutes or until brown
- Flip and cook on the other side for 5 to 10 minutes
- Serve on a bed of salad or on a bun or with steamed veggies or sides of your choice
Makes 5 delicious protein patties.
I had just the patties with some pepperdew peppers while J had his with BBQ sauce and oven baked sweet potato fries.