Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An unpaid day, a climbing baby and a new dish!

It was a pretty good weekend for us. We had a lot to do and thankfully, we were able to get to a lot of it. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take a lot of pictures because there was so much going on.

On Saturday, we took JOE to her swimming classes. She is doing so great. I feel bad that next week Saturday is the last class. I think we might sign her up for more classes cause she seems to enjoy it.
After class, J went to help his friend move while JOE and I did some shopping. I picked up some items for her birthday from hobby lobby. I figured the sooner I start making the items, the better. That way, I am not too stressed or overwhelmed right before.
I also managed to catch my child climbing the stairs! I put her down and went to the kitchen to wash some bottles. I turned around and she was on the second step making her way up to the 3rd! I of course smiled at her and proceeded cautiously. She smiled back and thankfully, didn't get too excited. I guess now we have to practice stairwell safety.

On Sunday, I taught in the children's ministry. I do that the last 2-Sundays of the month. The kids are so much fun. I enjoyed attending the children's ministry when I was a kid and have a lot of fond memories from it so I feel like this is my way of giving back. The kids really are so sweet. One did have me laugh out loud for the first time. We were talking about Queen Esther and her fasting to save her people.  After we go over the passage, we often ask the kids questions to see if they understood what was discussed. They also get a price for answering correctly. The price is often something small like a ring pop.
Anyways, I asked the kids "what was queen Esther trying to do when she fasted?" and one of the kids put up her hands very confidently. She responded in no uncertain terms "she fasted so that she could save the black people!" I laughed out loud cause of how confident she was at answering the question. Cute!!!

So, as a result of the sequestration, I had an unpaid leave on Monday. It was the 4th of the 7-days my agency got. It was a bonus day off for me so I made good use of it. JOE's nanny taught me how to make grape leaves and Kebbe' Arass (fried meatballs)! They turned out pretty good and very yummy! I made some jollof rice (nigerian rice with tomato sauce) to go with it. YUM YUM YUM!!! The fried meatballs were so delish, they were all gone within 2-hours. Oh well...will make more another time :-).



Happy Hump Day!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha! The child response is freaking hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was :-).

      I can't seem to comment on your posts without having a disquis account. Is that an error?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yup. They sure are a good source of entertainment sometimes :-).

      Delete
  3. I make jollof rice too! So good :)

    Haha, save the black people! So, so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Does Sean like it? John LOVES my jollof rice. Even says it is better than my mom's :-D.
      Yup...kids really are funny and don't even know it!

      Delete
  4. I don't know how to make jollof rice but I love. I so want to taste yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...we will have to make it happen then. Perhaps I can show you how to make it :-).

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *