Friday, April 13, 2018

DIY Inspiration: Trolls and Princess Poppy! JOE turned FIVE!

For some reason, I thought I posted this last year but turns out, I didn't! Gosh...one of the reasons I started blogging was a way for my kids to look back and see some of their milestone changes.




JOE turned 5 last November. She is in kindergarten and had just about everyone from her class at her party. She had a Trolls themed party and had a BLAST at her party as you can tell from her pictures.

I made her Princess Poppy dress using a simple peasant dress pattern. It was easy and honestly, the most time was spent making the leaves that went on the dress since I hand sewed them.



As always, I ordered her custom made cookies from Jackie Chews. She never disappoints!


Next was her sign for her birthday. This was pretty much a foam circle wrapped in tulle. I went to work with hot glue and flowers I found in the flower aisle at Walmart.


I also made troll hair for JOE and all of her guests.


I officially HATE glitter. I got glitter tulle and wrapped them around headbands to make the troll hair.

 


My floors after all was said and done.



I made the gift bags using soft foam sheets from the dollar store and free handed it. Then used a paid of scissors to cut.






For the bags, I used some of these felt flowers I found on amazon.com and then pretty much free-handed the faces and added googly eyes with my hot glue gun.



I used the same flowers on the thank you notes I attached to the bags. There were like a hundred flowers in the order so I am getting A LOT of use out of it.


I popped some unflavored corn kernels and melted chocolate in theme colors. I was hoping it would turn out brighter but it didn't. However, it tasted DELISH!



The thank you notes were attached to the pop corn bags.


Princess Poppy.


For her cake, I ordered a cake from a local bakery. They were going to charge $15 for each figurine. So instead, I purchased all of them for $9.79 from Amazon. I washed them in dish soap and warm water and then let them fully dry before placing them on the cake.
Also, the bakery was going to charge $5 for flowers to I went with gum paste flowers and put them on myself. Granted, they didn't stay as well but that was primarily because the icing was butter cream as opposed to fondant.

JOE LOVED her cake!


The next few pictures are the decor from her party. She had a great time.







 It was a paint party and kids got to choose between knights, unicorns, trolls and some pets. I also made Troll hair for all the kids.



When we left, JOE turned around, gave me a hug and said that was the best party ever!

Hearing those words TOTALLY made it all worth it.

Cheers to my FIVE year old!


2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! Such an amazing job on her party. Of course she loved it but I love that she told you that it was the best party ever! And 5 years old?! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As always, it was a labor of love :). Time is FLYING!!!

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *