Monday, October 9, 2017

40 brings: 5 Things that changed when I turned 40

I feel like the last 10-years FLEW by! There is no other way to describe it. I met J a couple of weeks before my 30th birthday. So that means, I have officially known him for 10-years. :-). I guess I have also officially entered cougar category since I am 6-months older than he is :-).




I recently turned 40 and while I feel more energized and more confident in who I am, I have had a few things have me scratching my head so I figured I'll blog about what being in my 40s has brought so far. 

When I had JOE, there were a ton of things I had NO CLUE about and only found out with experience. This list is similar. There are few things I am starting to uncover that make me go ohhh---kayyy???

So here are 5 things that made me go hmm...

1. I got more hair: 



Ideally, having more hair is a GREAT thing. But alas, the hair I am talking about is not on my head. Nope...it is in my nose! I now need a nose trimmer! Yes, you read right...I purchased this nose trimmer because I spent 3 weeks trying to figure out why I kept feeling something in my nostril and confirming that I didn't have something hanging out of my nose. One day, I finally decided to get closer to a mirror to see the culprit and sure enough, I had hairs growing out of my nose that were causing an itch all the time. WONDERFUL! Chin hairs? That's a whole nother story but let's just say I am thankful I have not reached the "waxing" stage.
If you are wondering, this is the trimmer I got and I love it. I wasn't sure of how it would feel but honestly, it was very comfortable and I don't feel any yanking but I know it is working. 

 

2. A bunion is not a special type of appetizer: 


I developed a bunion on my right foot. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??? I wish I could say it is a bun that has an onion on it but alas, I would be completely off! Talk about having a foot issue. Since when did I become that lady that sometimes feels like I have just stepped on an annoying kid's toy? It has not been a pleasant experience but according to my Orthopidic doctor, this is normal. Sigh...
To help with the inevitable corns I have developed, I now wear these. It has provided some comfort. 



In addition, I get my nails done every 2 - 3 weeks to ensure my nails aren't growing too long and causing my discomfort. Incase you didn't know, I am a shoe girl and have a lot of shoes that I don't want to part with just yet.


3. I see you:



My vision has not been 20/20 for a while but I recently noticed that it is not as good as it used to be. I can see things but with each year, my prescription has gotten somewhat stronger. Thankfully, they aren't anything too crazy yet and I love the glasses I have chosen. 




4. I weigh 125lbs:



I am 125lbs in my head that is. When I turned 30, I immediately noticed a change in my body's metabolism. It was harder for me to lose weight. The same appears to be the case with turning 40. I guess my metabolism got even sloooooooower. I mean, is there like a timer in my DNA that tells my body "once you hit this mile marker, slow down"? It is really interesting and weird at the same time.

5. Like fine wine:


I feel like the experiences of the last 40-years have truly made me a better version of me. I feel like I am much more in control. Truth be told, this started shortly before I turned 40. I no longer let things stress me out as much. I have come to realize that my life and  my health is important to the ones I love and to foster positivity around me. 
When things happen, yes they may sting but I figured "God is in control. Better I know now than later."

Overall, I am loving this new phase in my life and I feel tremendously blessed to be surrounded by so much love and positivity. 

What are some changes you have experienced with a milestone birthday? Did it change your outlook on life?

Have a wonderful week and remember to be kind to strangers.

3 comments:

  1. I know some of things you noted aren't exactly fun but this was a fun post to read! Turning 33 was a huge turning point for me. I turn 35 on Friday and it's amazing how much of my outlook has changed from when I was in my 20s. Ageing is a beautiful thing in my opinion but yeah, I'll like my fast metabolism back, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ageing sure is a beautiful thing. I am thankful for each day.

      Things take on a whole new perspective as we get older. I still can't believe I am 40! The time went by so fast but I am LOVING it :-).

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *