Wednesday, October 4, 2017

This is 40

Yup...I began a new decade of life in early September. J, JOE and JAE made it an awesome experience. My friends and family all called, text and/or sent emails. I truly felt blessed and thankful to be surrounded with so much love. You'll see the words blessed and thankful a lot throughout this post. And that is because that's how I feel. 


The day before my birthday was a Sunday. We all went to Church and had a great time. Check out our Sunday Family Chronicles to see a bit of how we spent the day.


My little JAE is always making faces.



I wore the Poppy African Print Midi skirt to church. Keep scrolling to see pictures of the look. 


I love how I feel in this skirt. Beautiful, free and sexy all at the same time. :-)


A few weeks ago when I made this skirt, I couldn't fit in it. I guess even if the scale is moving at a very sloow rate, my body is changing :-). I intentionally made it a size smaller so I could wear it for a longer period of time while on my weight loss journey.


My birthday this year fell on Labor day. How fitting that my birthday would be declared a holiday! :-). OK...I know it wasn't done for me but since I have an early birthday, it often falls on the holiday. 
When my birthday rolls around, I try to take stock of what I have accomplished in the last year. Each year, I am THANKFUL for all that God has allowed me to accomplish but I also feel a bit disappointed at the things I have not accomplished. 
This year was VERY different. This was my bible reading the morning of my birthday. 
It really spoke to me and definitely gave me a completely different perspective. 


This is a long post so if you want to do a quick version, here you go. 



I came downstairs to the below from my hubby and kids. 


Check out my favorite coffee. I love love love my Kona coffee. Are any of my readers going to Hawaii? If so, bring me back some! :-). 
J got me mini pies for 2 reasons. 1. Blueberry pie is my favorite pie and 2. He didn't want to get a whole cake knowing I couldn't have it so he got mini pies that everyone can share. I had a whole pie to myself! Yup...I splurged. And no...this is NOT Atkins approved but it was my birthday and I figured it was OK to bend the rules a bit.


A card from my babies...


And as always, a beautiful and personal card from my hubby.


JAE also decided to give me a runway show the morning of my birthday. Check her out in her night gown and heels. 


J and the girls took me out for lunch to Red Robin. I love the appetizer wings there so this was perfect for me. 



JAE took this picture. Check us out in our matching tees. J really loves his AyoBE Boutique African Print tee! Want one? Go here. We also have a matching one for her here.




The hostess then took a picture of all of us. Me and my crew. Oh and did you notice my Zuma African Print wristlet?



Me and my #1. My partner, my confidante and my best friend.


This is 40. At least for one of us :-).



My wristlet making an appearance. 


Me and my babies.



The Saturday after my birthday, J took me out for my adult birthday dinner. This top is one I haven't worn since before I had JOE. Yes, it is a little snug but I was so happy to be able to fit into it.
Hey there muscular legs! All that walking is paying off :-).




I felt great!



JAE and JOE's parents out to dinner.



Clearly, we can sometimes be special :P.


And I got my favorite dessert. The flan. YUM YUM YUM! I ate EVERY SINGLE BITE of that dessert and felt NO guilt :-D. Granted, I was extra good with my meal choices and everything else leading up to our dinner.


J got his favorite Caramel Cheesecake and enjoyed every bite as well. 


Overall, it was a great day and I am grateful to all my loved ones for helping me usher in my new decade. 
The celebration continues with a birthday trip in November. This birthday was filled with so much love and I am THANKFUL to God for his many wonderous blessings on my life. 

So this is 40! So far, I am LOVING it!

Have a fabulous day and remember to be kind to strangers.

4 comments:

  1. 40 looks so good on you! Happy (belated) birthday! What a great celebration of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! You rock at 40! Happy belated birthday! Love your photos as always! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-). Thanks for following. I hope you and your family are well.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *