Friday, August 4, 2017

Photo Dump Friday: Hair, Teeth, Clay, Mushrooms and Poppy!

Teeth, Hair, Clay, Mushrooms and Poppy! What do they all have in common? Well, they are just some of the things that filled the end of our month of July. 

I have been busy with work, business, life and chillaxing so blogging sometimes takes a back seat. Also, we've been doing some vlogging. Editing it leaves me with less time to blog. 

But no worries. I am not abandoning my blog. Not yet anyways. I kinda like the idea of JOE and JAE one day reading these and getting to know what they were like as kids. 

So on to this blog post. This was one of the dresses I got a while back from Zulily. Incase you can't tell, I tend to buy a lot of items from there. Granted, I have had some misses but for the most part, I have had quite a few hits as well. 



I felt beautiful and professional in this dress. I am not someone who often wears pink but this dress has me changing my mind about the color.



Family...I love when everyone is together and smiling. It is rare that we can get JAE to smile in a family picture :-). She loves to goof around.




As JOE gets older, she is getting pickier about her hair style. A couple of weeks ago, she was going to go get her hair washed at the hair salon. The last time she went, she said the lady wasn't as gentle with her hair. I mean, she does have A LOT of hair so I decided to help her out with that by detangling it a bit before they left. 

When it was out, she decided she wanted to take pictures and play around with her hair loose. She LOVES it!




#Hairmodel!

Anyways, she made me promise to let her straighten it after she turns 6. I said OK. I WON'T be the one straightening it. She starts kindergarten this Fall. I wonder if she'll like to keep it this long or want it cut after she starts school. 



While J & JOE went to get their hair done, JAE and I ran some errands. As you can see, JAE wanted to carry her own backpack. She LOVES this backpack and wears it whenever she can.



Car selfies!!! Heading out to a friend's daughter's birthday party. 

I am wearing the Capella earrings from AyoBE Boutique. The top was self drafted for me. I love this top because it doubles as a skirt! Keep scrolling for more pictures.



It was a bit of a drive so the minute we got in the car, JAE promptly went to sleep holding her bottle of milk. You know she was TIRED because she LOVES her milk!



This is an example of the "top skirt". I am wearing the same top but in the form of a skirt. I love the mini length too. 
Hey there -27lbs :-). Yes, I am still on my "health is wealth" plan.



The next day, we headed to Church. As usual, JAE is being goofy. Love this child of mine.



Still pretending to be asleep. SMH!



And with the installation of the accordion doors, our basement is DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!! Lordy lordy!
That took a while. We made mistakes on the installation/cutting of the first door (furthest on the right) but it isnt' too too noticeable unless you try to open it.



Our #model JOE. She was showcasing our hardwork. Time to take and post pictures of the entire basement. 
If you're not already doing so, be sure to subscribe to our site so you can see the video when I post it.



Last Monday, all the ladies of house had a dental appointment. It was not the best visit but hey, we all have to go. 
First, JOE had her first cavity :'(. The dentist had to fill it in. JOE was very brave and did great!
Then it was my turn. Turns out one of my posts is loose. Not fun. Those are NOT cheap! $$$
Then JAE didn't want to have her teeth checked but when the dentist finally got to look at her, she found out JAE's overbite is bad and she will most likely need braces. We will continue to watch it. 
So yeah...not the best visit but hey, we do our best.



Little sister helping out.



A couple of weeks ago, I had to present to my agency's Directors and Deputy Directors. This was a BIG HUGE GINORMOUS deal! These are the folks who run the agency I work for. 
The presentation went well. Oh and check out my earrings. They are the Skye African Print earrings from AyoBE Boutique. Hey, I have to represent me too :-). The pattern worked really well with my dress.



Later that day...me and my girls.



Last weekend, I decided to do a clay clarifying wash since I hadn't washed my hair in almost a month. What can I say? Life happens! Anyways, as always, I had some leftover so I did a face clarifying mask AND used the leftover mask it on my knees. For the longest time, my knees have been really dark. I don't know if it made much of a difference but it felt softer afterwards. #claywash for the win!



I continue to exercise and try to eat right. Thankfully, I have been able to stay encouraged with the results from the scale.
During my walk last week, I walked by these huge mushrooms! They looked like something right out of a Dean Koontz book. You know, from the Odd Thomas series. 




Last Sunday, I decided to make one of those 1-minute healthy low carb cakes. Complete #fail!

The texture was good. That was the ONLY good thing about this recipe. Other than that, it was BITTER and YUCKY! No one wanted it.



Yeah. It ended up in the trash. I refused to even try.



J has been wicked busy with work. Earlier this week, he had to leave extra early for work. I had to snap this picture of the kids watching their dad leave for work. Too too cute!


POPPY! #Trolls is JOE's new "favorite movie of all time". She LOVES the movie trolls. And since she is often the one who names the fabrics from AyoBE Boutique, guess the name she picked for this fabric?
You got it. #Poppy 
Introducing our Poppy African Print Collection! I love love love this fabric. Here it is as a Midi Skirt. I am currently making a Maxi custom skirt and look forward to the customer wearing it. 




And to round up this long post, here is a picture from earlier this week. I leave early for work and often, when JAE wakes up around 6am for milk, J brings her into our bed. I was getting ready, turned around and saw this beautiful sight. 
Sisters day is August 6th this year. I love having sisters and love watching my daughters as they grow together. #happysisterday



Last week at work was a bit of a trying week for me. This song right here got me through the week. I am learning to "let go and let God".


Have a fabulous weekend and remember to be kind to strangers.

4 comments:

  1. JOE's hair is amazing! Wow!!

    You look so good and I love how the basement looks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her hair takes a lot. I just tried to convince her to cut it to about mid back length so that it will look like Moana's. She said "no mom! I want my hair as long as Rapunzel!"
      Lord help me. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I totally abandoned my blog but I so missed it. So much going on for you guys! Look at JOE's hair, omg! Indeed sign her up for modeling! We all need a play date soon. Btw: you are looking amazing. Loved the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...I missed reading your blog posts too. I know how busy life can get. We absolutely have to catch up for a play date soon.
      Thank you!

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *