Friday, July 14, 2017

Photo Dump Friday: Progress

Happy Friday everyone! It always seems that the first week after a holiday week is very long. But overall, it was a progressive week.

If you don't follow AyoBE Boutique on Instagram or Facebook, you might not have seen this so I am sharing it here. Be sure to go check out the site and follow us! So many items are on sale. We are reducing our inventory so items are going quickly.




I follow Heather Love on Instagram. Last week, she posted this on her page and it really spoke to me. Honestly, comparison is the killer of many dreams. These words came at a time where I needed it.
Full disclosure here...I was really considering closing down my business because I felt that I should be at a certain place by now but wasn't there. I compared myself to other businesses that started around the same time and who I perceived as being more successful. 
Well, when I saw these words, I immediately asked for God's forgiveness and started giving thanks for the blessings I have received so far. I have been blessed through this business, I have built relationships and have met people I wouldn't otherwise have met. Yes, I have a vision and a dream but ultimately, God's time IS THE BEST time. ALWAYS.




JOE is now at an age where she likes to make her own clothing choices. Sometimes, I have to steer her in a different direction if what she wants isn't appropriate but for the most part, I let her make her own decision. 
Well, last Sunday, she selected what she wanted to Church. JAE promptly decided she wanted to choose her outfit as well. I love to somewhat coordinate our outfits on Sundays but I let them choose what they wanted to wear. And this is what I got.




Granteed, they didn't match but I love that at least they chose items that are wearable to Church in the summer.




Car selfie on our way to church. Yes, it does seem like JAE is always drinking her milk in the car when we take these.





Me and my mini. The bow on my shoulder is from AyoBE Boutique and the Tassel earrings can be found here. I love the way they complimented my outfit. 
Oh and J and I decided to coordinate since the girls were doing their own thing.




Sunday school was full for JOE's age group so she came in the santuary with us. Why were they taking selfies in Church?



Even JAE!





Like I said earlier, I am reducing my inventory so I can focus on a few key items and be more efficient with my time. 
Below are some of the mom and me items that you'll be seeing more of. Our site has also been revamped to bring you more of our best sellers. Be sure to check it out.








Pics of my baby. I love this little girl's personality so much.







As I draw closer to the big 4-0, I have decided to focus more on taking care of myself. This includes getting my nails done and just relaxing a bit more. 
I got my nails done earlier this week and even though my big toes have a chip (#annoyed), I LOVE the way they turned out. If you've been watching my stories on AyoBE Boutique, you've seen the beautiful green color I got on my toes. 
Anyways, of course I have to represent when I go out. And I always get compliments :-).




Why is this picture significant? For 2 MAJOR reasons. 1. I haven't been this size since BEFORE I had JOE. That was over 4-years ago. 2. I haven't worn outdoor shorts to go out in that time. So yeah...it felt great to be able to wear and feel good in shorts. 
I am only 1/3 of the way through my journey but this encouraged me.
Not apologizing for the mirror. This is the norm in my home. What can I say? I have kids.





I am taking more pictures of myself. It is amazing how much things change when you grow to love the way you look. The last time I wore the dress below was when JOE had her church blessing. That was in April 2013. WOW! Time flies!!! I hadn't worn it since because it didn't fit and I just didn't like how round I looked in it. 
Well, check me out :-).




I love when people stop me in the hallway to tell me how great I look. Don't get me wrong, I never thought I looked awful. I just wasn't comfortable with all the weight I had put on in 5+ years. I am happy to be doing something about it and seeing positive results.


So last week, I put on 2lbs and posted about it. Well, this week, I focused more on what was going in my mouth and I am happy to say that not only did I lose the 2-lbs but I lost an additional pound. Bringing my total weight loss to 23-lbs. WOOHOO!!! EXCITED!

Hope you had a fabulously blessed week. Have a great weekend and remember always to be kind to strangers!

2 comments:

  1. It's so true. Comparison is a killer of dreams. Glad that message came to you just when you needed it!

    You have always been beautiful but you certainly have a glow to you. When you feel good, you truly look good! You look fantastic. And see, you lost it! You go girl!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah- I'm so happy for you! You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *