Monday, October 26, 2015

Photo Dump Wednesday: Hair Update - One year natural hair anniversary

So on 10/11/15, I will celebrated 1-year of being natural and 2-years since I began growing out my natural hair. 
Since we were going to be away the weekend of 10/10/15, I got it into my head on 10/7/15, that I would blow out and straighten my hair for my hair big chop anniversary

Clearly, I didn't think through that. 

I first washed my hair and then did did 4 braids.





I purchased a hair heat protectant a while back for this specific purpose.



First I detangled and then used my hair oil mix on my scalp. Then applied the Shea Moisture leave in conditioner and then sprayed with the head protectant before combing out my hair. 

NOTE: I have NOT been successful using the Denman brush. If you have tips on how to use it, please let me know. It tangles up when I use it.



I used the warm setting throughout the process.



And this is what I got. Have I mentioned that I am a lazy natural? It is primarily because I don't know how to do my own hair.





After all was said and done, I ended up with a big fro! Blow dry FAIL!!!



I decided to make the best of the situation and just do a length check.







And then put my hair in a puff.






Last Saturday, I decided to do a braid out on my hair. I did 6-braids and then took it out on Tuesday. Here are the results. I am still a work on progress as far as learning to do my hair. So far so good. Its not great but it is better than its been in the past.





I also got a better turnout with my wash and go. I am starting to get a little more hang time action with my hair. Woohoo!!!
  
Day 1 of my wash and go.


Day 2 of my wash and go. All I did overnight was loosely pull my hair into a puff. I slept with my silk bonnet and this morning, I sprayed my hair with my water/oil mix and then applied a very small amount of olive oil.


Shrinkage!





 
If you're wondering, yes I am still using the manetabolism and so far, it has helped A TON
my shedding which is just about done. YAY!!! I know I promised to do a ruler check but I just haven't had the time. I need to get with the program :-). Maybe next month.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *