Friday, December 20, 2013

Foolery: Things that make me go hmmm...

Can't make this stuff up. I mean, really? In a time when race issues can get people really riled up, is this a statement that is helpful? What gets me is that she didn't stop at the Santa comment, she went on to include Jesus Christ. Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! Some things are better left unsaid.
I am not one to argue about the true color of Santa (a fictional character...yes I said it!) and Jesus Christ (a real person who lived). The focus of this time of the year is to bring cheer to those around you and perform selfless acts of kindness (we should all do that all year round not just at Christmas) not to start a debate about race! Anyways...I guess she's gotten her 10-minutes of fame. Moving on...



This one truly left me speechless. What the heck is "affluenza"? Is this ish for real? My heart is breaking for the families who are impacted by such a selfish act. The thing is he has NO remorse. Just sad. Who is to blame here? The parents who fostered this behavior or the teenager who grew up without a conscience?


I was sickened just reading this. 15-years is NOT enough for this monster! As a parent, I cannot even process this. How on earth can ANYONE do this to a child they brought into this world and nurtured and watched grow into a man? I just don't understand this.


Reading these tasteless and heart breaking articles truly made me sad BUT it also made me thankful for God in my life and for the people he has placed in my life.

Have an awesomely blessed and safe weekend all!

8 comments:

  1. The ruling about the teenager still floors me. How can this kid be okay with what get did? How can his parents raised him thus way? Parents need to get their priorities straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I was beyond speechless when I read it. I was HOPING the article was some sort of tasteless joke! Parenting isn't easy work but it is necessary and parents need to know that they have the keys to molding their children's futures.

      Delete
  2. Foolery is the perfect title for this post. These folks just make me sad. God help them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are some seriously messed up people in this world. The affluenza case... I am wondering what lesson the guy is taking away since he just got a slap on the wrist. it`s a maddening verdict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure are. I didn't even know affluenza was a word until I read this article. So stupid!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I'm left speechless because I just can't believe a lot of things. It is sad that there are people like this in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is sad. But I take comfort in the fact that for every idiot like this, there is a nice, kind hearted, soft spoken, sympathetic person out there.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *