Friday, August 24, 2012

Progress pics and pregnancy update...@ 29 weeks


How Far Along? 29-weeks. 8-weeks to "full term" and 11-weeks to "full 40-week pregnancy". Yes. The countdown has begun! Fully in the 3rd trimester!!!

Size of Baby? About 16 inches long. For comparison, baby is now about the size of a butternut squash and weighs about 2.5 pounds!

Maternity Clothes? Yup. Comfortable and lovingly embracing them now :-). Although I am still able to mix it up a bit wearing pre-pregnancy maxi dresses every now and then.

Stretch Marks? The itching has stopped for the most part but I can't see around the belly anymore so if there are new ones, I haven't noticed .

Sleep? Some good days and other not so good days. I must admit it is a little harder turning from my left side to my right side at night especially when sometimes, that causes pressure on my bladder which then has me waking up to go use the potty. Overall though, not too too bad.

Food Cravings? Still not craving sweets. I can tolerate it better now though. I decided a week ago that I HAD to have cake. So on Monday, I made a carrot cake and frosted it with whipped cream cheese frosting. Then had a taste of it and decided the idea of having the cake tasted way better than actually having the cake. So now I am being forced to eat a piece when I can so it doesn't go to waste. Thankfully, my hubby has also been helpful with that.

What I Miss: Being able to get off the couch sometimes without breathing like I just ran the marathon. But that's a recent occurrence. I read it should get better in about 8-weeks when the baby moves further down which should free up space in my chest cavity for my lungs.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Anniversary trip a.k.a "babymoon" to Italy in 5-days! I am already practicing my Italian. Buon giorno!!!

Symptoms? There is no hiding it anymore. My bump is on full display and folks are congratulating me at work. One actually said to me "when did this happen?" To which I said "ummm...about 7-months ago!"  Also, my feet are swollen and now my fingers are starting to follow the same path. 

Movement? YES! LOTS AND LOTS of movements. Although, her movements are now slower. No doubt due to the fact that she's running out of room in there. Now its more kicks and squishing inside.  

Belly Button In or Out? Still in but it has taken on a different shape. I don't think it'll pop but I think it'll stretch a little more. For now, I am fine with that.  

Labor Signs? Nope. But have Braxton Hicks every now and then. Drinking lots of water to help combat that.

Best Moment of the Week? Signing the loan documents for our new home. It should be completed next Spring. J & I can't wait to set up the nursery for our little princess. Also, some baby items we ordered have arrived. A constant reminder that life is about to change soon.

Weekly Wisdom: Embrace life! Its a gift. Let go of unhappy thoughts and memories. They are in the past. New things are ahead and you can't win a race by looking back.


That's all for now. Arrivederci!





Thoughts/Random Questions:
What are your plans for the weekend? Do you typically make plans ahead of time or do you wait until the weekend to see what comes up?

8 comments:

  1. YAY for your babymoon in Italy. Have a great time and enjoy your time away. We went to Italy a few times and loved it every time. Can't wait to take the kiddos some day.

    Oh and congrats on the home purchase, such an exciting time. Oh and your belly is definitely out and proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to some time away with hubby and showing him around.

      Delete
  2. Italy??!! Wow. That is definitely an awesome baby moon! Enjoy it girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Have a fantastic time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will do a post with pictures when we get back.

      Delete
  4. A new home, a new baby,and a babymoon in Italy, life couldn't get any greater. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keya. It definitely makes for a busy but fun few months :-).

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *