I have heard some interesting comments from folks as well and will post them whenever their received :-).
I am FINALLY starting to look pregnant @ 6-months! I did start wearing my maternity clothes at 20-weeks cause they were just more comfortable than my regular clothes.
Week 24. I popped last week! YAY!!!
Comments I have received so far:
If you've been following my blog, you'd know that I have received some really interesting comments since J and I are an interracial couple.
Since getting pregnant, I have received the following comments from random people! I have found that getting pregnant invites ALL SORTS of people to make comments that just make you go "hmmm...that's different."
- Comment #1: "Wow...you didn't wait long did you?" My response to that is that we were 10-months married when we got pregnant. But seriously, is it ANYONE's business how long I waited? I am no spring chicken afterall :-).
- Comment #2: "Chop chop...what are you waiting for? You're not getting any younger!" I wish I could attribute this to my mom who prayed for a baby before the end of the year but that would be unfair. This was from the same lady who said I married J to have light skinned babies. I gave her a look and didn't bother to tell her I was already 5-months pregnant when she made that comment.
- Comment #3: "Wow...the ladies are growing!" Really? I didn't notice! I assumed my bras shrunk in the dryer! For the record, I know women can talk about other women's boobs but it is never OK to mention that its growing. Its OK to say "they look perkier" :-).
- Comment #4: "You're carrying low and on your hips! You must be having a boy!" I didn't realize folks still believe in the old wives tales! For one thing, 3 sonograms (I know its not 100% proof) have said girl. And for another, it is NOT nice to imply that my hips are getting wider!
- Comment #5: "Auntie! You're still pregnant??? Geez, I want to meet my cousin!" This comment was just too too cute and I can attribute it to my nephew. It was my favorite of all. He is just so excited and when I showed him the sonogram pics, he knew EXACTLY what he was looking at! I was quite impressed and know he'll be a great older cousin come Fall.
Moms out there (or moms to be), how long did it take you to start "showing"?
Has anyone made any silly comments worth sharing regarding your weight or how you look?