Monday, July 30, 2012

Bon Appetit Mondays

I telework from home on Mondays which means I start and my work day at 6am since I can roll out of bed and start my work day. This also means my work day ends at or a little after 2:30pm.

Once my regular workday ends, my second job begins...doing laundry, cooking dinner and getting ready for the rest of the work week. On Mondays, I cook a pretty sizable dinner that's enough for Monday night dinner and 2 lunches for J and I to take to work.

I'll try to blog about what I make on Mondays and share the recipe incase anyone is interested.

Today's dinner is rice jambalaya!



Rice Jambalaya:
Ingredients:
2.5 cups rice
1 box chicken broth (32-oz)
1-cooked chicken leg with skin
1-cooked breast with skin
1-package kielbasa
1-packet salad shrimps (cooked)
2-cans diced pepper/tomatoes (14.5oz each)
3-TBSP oil (your choice)


Spices:
Salt
Pepper
Parsley
Minced onions
Curry powder
Paprika

Process:
1. Put the oil in the pot to heat it up.
2. Slice the kielbasa into bite size pieces and add to pan. Saute for about 3-minutes
3. Add all the spices above (based on how spicy you want the dish) and let cook for 3-more minutes
4. Add the canned tomatoes and the entire box of chicken broth
5. Add the chicken breast and leg
6. Add rice
7. Allow everything to cook together until rice is soft (about 20 to 25-minutes). You will need to stir every 10-minutes or so to ensure it doesn't get burnt.
8. Remove the chicken and pull it apart using 2 forks or your hands to shred it and then add back to the pot
9. After rice is cooked, add shrimps and mix it in
10. Bon Appetit

Thoughts/Random Questions:
If you do make this dish using the steps above, please be sure to let me know how it turned out for you. I'd love to hear about your variation of rice jambalaya as well.
Feel free to share your other easy/favorite recipes with me. I like to try out new recipes and J loves my cooking so that helps :-).

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. It was :-). Even I went for seconds and I almost never get seconds.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *