Thursday, August 29, 2013

Last weekend...

Last weekend, hubby, JOE and I went to MA to visit with family and also to attend a family friend's wedding. It was a really awesome event and I am so very happy for the couple.
It was a chance to catch up with my family and I always love that.

JOE was not happy during the flight there. She REFUSED to sit still and kept wanting to get up to flirt with the folks in the seat behind us. I wanted to sleep so that made for a bad combination cause I kept trying to make her sit and she wanted to stand. That child of mine is STRONG-WILLED!

On Saturday, we had breakfast with the family at IHOP. It was a splendid time.

Afterwards, we went home to get changed and head out to the wedding which was in Cambridge, MA. We left JOE with my parents around 2:30pm. It was our first time leaving her with anyone other than her nanny for that long. Well, around 8:30pm, I  guess she had had enough because my dad called and told us to head on home. The reception (in true Nigerian style) had not yet started so we left right after the couple had their first dance.

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with my siblings and their families. Always fun.

Without further ado, here are some pictures from our weekend.

Mi familia

Me and my "little" bro. The best man.


Siblings. My youngest brother and youngest sister. I love them so...


Hubby & I. 


Yummy drinks. I got a pineapple mojito (middle). It was delish!


The beautiful bride and her groom behind her.


The entrance. I loved the decor...they also had a sweetheart table. We had the same. I loved the intimacy it provides.


Beautiful decor


The sweetheart table.


The picture doesn't do it justice. The centerpieces were really nice!




The cake. Wish we got a chance to have some but we had to leave.


That's how we do. The bride's mother and her friends dancing into the reception hall Nigerian style.




Their first dance...moving...


Our little JOE at church. She was playing with different things on the ground.


JOE and her dad after church. She was laughing so hard, I had to capture it :-)



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that last photo of JOE laughing, I LOVE IT. You know when you laugh so hard your belly hurts, looks like that's what going on over there. Too cute.
    Looks like you had a lovely weekend with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am so glad I captured that pic cause she was just so happy.

      Delete
  2. Nigerian weddings are the best, you guys sure know how to party, decorate and dress.

    Such beautiful pics, looks like such an awesome time. JOE is one happy baby I tell you, that girl's smile is infectious.

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *