Wednesday, September 27, 2017

And so it begins...Kindergarten chronicles

In my last post, I mentioned that we begun the countdown to JOE starting school in August. Truth be told, I mentally began the countdown earlier this year. I just couldn't believe that my baby girl will be starting kindergarten. Many of you have followed me from my first post, through my pregnancy and delivery of JOE. Can you believe its been almost FIVE years? Time sure flies when you are having fun. 

Anyways, since I am a DIY mom, I of course had to do a DIY board for my baby girl. This is a custom board that requireed the use of a machine to cut the vinyl so I won't be posting any DIY instructures of how to do it. You can however use it as inspiration to make a board for your little one if you so choose. 

JOE had a big say in the look and colors of this board. I let her browse through Pinterest with me and she told me exactly what she wanted her board to look like. 



I know the words aren't straight. I was doing it in between other activities and honestly, just didn't have the energy or time to start measuring lines. 
The board was completed shortly before we left on vacation in August and JOE couldn't want to take a picture with it so I did some preview shots of her and her sister.





After our vacation, our family adopted a new beta fish. Introducing Sven. Yes, from the movie Frozen.
Sven has been with us for a few weeks and is going strong.



I guess all the stress of my baby starting kindergarten has me growing red hairs. These are precursors to grays. I am so not ready!



On our way to church on Sunday. I often take Sunday car selfies and I love the different faces JAE makes in the pictures. For the longest time, she wasn't in the pictures because her carseat was still facing backwards so I love capturing her in the pictures. 
JOE loves to remind me to take these whenever we are in the car. 



JOE has been ready to start school for a while. J and I feel so blessed to have her and her sister. They never cease to amaze us. 
To prepare JOE for kindergarten, we started her on the school curriculum last year. She did great and we know that she is fully ready for school. 

I on the other hand am struggling with it. It doesn't help that her first day of school is September 11th. I wanted to keep her home that day but J insisted that she had to go. I agreed. Especially since JOE really really wanted to go. 

A few days before school started, we went to her school for Orientation. JOE picked out her outfit and JAE decided she also wanted to wear a dress as well. 



My babies are growing so fast.



The weekend before JOE started school, J had to work. I figured since it would be a girls Saturday, I would do some fun activities with the girls. 
First up was getting their nails done. JOE requested this before school. Yes, I gave her the side eye but decided to indulge her anyways.




Afterwards, we went to Chick fil-a for lunch. I couldn't eat anything from their menu but it was so funny to watch JAE devour the fries! Afterwards, I let them play in the playground. Unfortunately, JAE tripped on a step in there and fell. No permanent damage was done but my baby bumped her head and was crying so that cut short out afternoon out.



The next day, we headed to church. Yes, both kids had a pouty face. One because she didn't want to be in the picture and the other because we told her she couldn't sit with us in the santuary and had to go to Sunady school because she is always asking for a million and one things during service.



Like I said, my baby was READY for school. She got her nails done, chose a new "big girl" hairstyle and even picked out her clothes for school. 




Ready to go. J and I both got ready and took JOE to school. She LOVES bacon and I made sure to give her lots of bacon before school. She was actually surprised I let her have bacon on a weekday. LOL...





And then it was time to take pictures.



Be still my heart.





Going to kindergarten also means carrying a big girl backpack. Yup...that was from her school list. Wanna guess what type of backpack she chose? No need to guess...check out the next picture.



Yup...Doc McStuffins.



JAE got her backpack as well and wanted to be in the pictures with her sister. Gosh, I love these girls.




The first week was Spirit week. It was supposed to be Patriotic day. But of course, we forgot. Oh well...it wasn't the last one we forgot that week. 
Check out JAE looking like she belonged in the class.




The next day was crazy hair day.



And the day after that was Pajama day. My baby girl is not used to no naps in the middle of the day. I guess that's waht it means to be a big girl in school. 
She was OUT the minute she got in my car.



Thursday was tie-dye day. She made this tie dye shirt the week before school started. Since I got out a little early on Thursday from work, I decided to take her out for frozen yogurt to relax and chat about how school was going. 
My girl LOVES school!




The next day was supposed to be superhero day but we forgot. But I am sure you can guess what she would have wanted to be for Superhero day. 

Anyways, starting kindergarten also marks another major milestone. My baby will be turning FIVE in a few weeks!
Back in April, she requested to have her birthday party at a pottery painting place and requested to have a Trolls themed party. 
And so it begins...

Here is a quick preview of one of the items for her party. 



The wonderful thing about her starting school is that her relationship with her sister is so much better. While JAE has had a bit of a hard time adjusting to her sister leaving early in the morning, she is also doing great with when her sister gets home. They are sharing more and playing together better.



Another church bound car selfie.



JAE and JOE requested their hairstyles and honestly, I couldn't be more proud of time. 



Not sure of where JOE saw this style but she described exactly what she wanted and I made it happen.



Birthday invitation cards arrived. Oh and they came without envelopes. Not cool...



Last week Thursday was picture day at school. My big girl chose her outfit for school and I must say, she did a GREAT job!





Of course, her sister wanted to be in the picture as well. Check them out sporting matching butterfly tattoos.




Later that day, we surprised the kids by taking them to see PJ Masks live. They had A BLAST! We won't be doing that again on a week day. EVERYONE was TIRED by the time we got home.



One happy girl...





It has been a bit of an emotional couple of weeks but one that reminds me of just how blessed we truly are. 
Have a fabulously blessed week and be sure to be kind to strangers!

2 comments:

  1. It's so crazy to me how quickly time flies. It's also amazing to me that I've watched JOE grow from when she was inside your belly! It has been such a blessing to follow along on this journey with you.

    Oh and all these things they have at school ... goodness, that's a lot. How can one remember it all?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? The entire time we were getting ready for school, all I kept imagining was bringing her home from the hospital. It went by WAY too fast.

      They send a calendar and unless I put it on my phone's calendar, I don't remember. To save time and paper, my suggestion is that they send out invites. I won't send that though :-).
      I know it only gets harder/busier from here on out.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *