Friday, March 24, 2017

Photo Dump Wednesday: The look of love

The last few weeks have been busy but the best thing about it is that I have started to work on the way I think about things and that really has helped me in my daily life. 
My sister recommended that I read Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyers. Since I never have any "free time", but do have a long commute, I decided to get the audiobook version and it was amazing. It isn't just for Christians. The principles she had in the book apply to everyone. If you are looking for a way to change your mindset or even refocus, this is a good read. I got my free copy from my library so check out your local library first to see if you can get it. 

So the last week has been fun filled and with a renewed mindset, I feel like I am ready to take on new adventures. 
Last Saturday, I decided to make Nigerian puff puff. If you haven't tried it before, it is a fried sweet dough. It is soft and DELISH! I made it as a snack for the family and it was gone by Tuesday!



JOE had 3 that morning. Considering she is not a big foodie, that speaks volumes.



On Saturday, I decided a good way to burn calories and get my steps in was to play the Wii with JOE. Ummm...check out the below! This girl can play! I have been playing the Wii for years and she is only playing it for the second of 3rd weekend. She is the one on the right. She definitely gave me a run for my money!
A picture you won't see is one from the Wii Sports boxing. She beat me hands down! As in she knocked me out in the second round! Honestly, my feelings were a tiney tiny bit hurt. 
My excuse is that she is shorter and the sensor picks her up first before it picks up my player. 



My babies. They fill my heart with so much joy.



On Saturday afternoon, I went to lunch and nails with a friend of mine. We went to our favorite local Indian restaurant. Then walked to the nearby nail salon. 
While getting a pedicure, they turned on the massage chairs. It was definitely a very different experience. 
See the ball under the butt of the figure? Let's just say you could feel that ball in places most people don't want to feel in public! 



I sent the below to my hubby and all he did was laugh! Honestly, it was funny! My friend and I were laughing hysterically. 


I have been doing great with my steps and exercise. The best feeling is seeing the results in the way my clothes fit and folks noticing. Now, I just need the scale to follow suit.
Week 3 of hitting my 10k or more steps 6 out of 7 days.



Sunday was a big milestone for JAE. She is now forward facing because she has hit the weight and height requirement. Check out our first all forward facing family picture. This was taken on our way to Church on Sunday.
The theme color was pink and gray.



And JAE's pictures from our service.






On Monday, JOE decided to make a "no boys allowed" sign for our staircase. I guess boys are not allowed upstairs. LOL.


On Monday, I met up with J for lunch and decided to sport our Afrocentric tee from AyoBE Boutique
I love the way the tee hugs the body and gives character. I got several compliments while wearing it :-D.



On Tuesday evening, J went to a game with his dad and brother so it was me and my babies. I love them so much but they can also be tiresome as far as eaching wanting 1 on 1 attention 100% of the time. 
After "eating" playdough pizza like 10-times which having "tea", I was all pizza'd out. JOE then turned to me and said:
Jordan: Mommy, I wish you'd let me use your camera.
Me: Why?
Jordan: Because I love you and you look beautiful!
#thelookoflove #throughtheyesofachild #myheartbeat


Below is the picture she took. Most definitely the look of love. She truly has my heart. 




Have you had a chance to view our Sunday family Chronicles? If not, go check them out.

Have a FABOULOUS weekend and remember to be kind to strangers!

2 comments:

  1. You look so good!! All your hard work is paying off :)

    I haven't had those puff puffs in so long! I miss them.

    The picture JOE took of you is so, so good! Future photographer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture she took of you. Our babies are growing up before our eyes girl.

    I lol so hard at the text you sent J.

    YAY, JAE can now be in all of your church selfies :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *