Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Photo Dump Wednesday: 2016 Christmas Celebration

Happy New Week! I know I am very late on this but I definitely want to share our 2016 Christmas festivities with you. 

We had an awesome Christmas celebration. 

As usual, we had a celebration with J's family the weekend before. And then the week of, we had our own little family celebration. While J got the kids ready for bed that evening, I set up and put all the presents under the tree. Then when they came down, I told them santa delivered their presents early because he knew they'd be out of town :-). Although, I don't think JOE believes in santa! :-(. Oh well...

Here's our tree...  



"Santa" (J) did well. He got me the fitbit I wanted...



And my very own tight-end! Check out my Gronk ornament! He is the tight end for the New England Patriots. My home team :-D. The winning team...anyways, I digress...



The next day, our child care provider wasn't feeling well and J had to do a TV interview so he couldn't watch the kids. So on his way into work, be dropped them off with me. Since it was a relatively easy day being the day before the Christmas break, it was practically empty here. Although, JOE and JAE got a chance to meet some of my co-workers. They enjoyed it. 





The next day, we headed off to ATL to begin the Christmas celebration. The girls often travel well. Except for when JAE decides that she should have the window seat and not JOE. 
They got these new cool headphones for Christmas and it was so nice. All you do is plug on headphone into the device and then connect the other headphone to the first one. That way, they can both listen to the same show BUT have separate headphones. It also folds very well. LOVE THEM!



In ATL. My nephew and JAE playing a video game. FUN FUN! Check out the height difference!



Christmas Sunday. We had a great time. As you can see, I couldn't figure out what to do with my hair. 




While at Church, JAE let JOE "carry" and cuddle with her. It was too cute! I just had to take a picture since this is often a rare thing. 



The protective dad...making sure JOE doesn't drop his baby :-).



After Church. Before we started opening presents and before the eating began. 
I'm wearing an AyoBE Boutique tee. It reads "Rooted in Christ". I LOVE it!



My newest nephew D. This kid is just so cool! He hardly cries and will give you THE CUTEST smile ever! He is truly the definition of "chill". And his gray eyes are just so captivating...oh and yeah...that's an AyoBE Boutique pacifier holder. One of his favs :-).





Then chaos ensued! The kids got to open their presents...



Little D and his parents...



Then it was time to eat eat eat! No celebration is complete without tasty jollof rice and stewed beef! YUM YUM!!!



Me and my mini me making faces...



And my little princess elf. 



And our matching pajamas pic of the family. Last year, we wore our matching PJs and won the family game. This year, we figured it would help us win...but it didn't...



My beautiful mom!



And my handsome dad!



My parents with their youngest grandchid. 



Every year, my family plays a game after all of the eating and festivities are over. Last year, we won! This year, we came second. We are all FIERCELY competitive. But it is always so much fun to watch everyone banter (jokingly of course) and try to win. 

My sister and brother in law (the host family). They were really good but I attributed that to the fact that their kids are older and as such, can help them more.




Watching the game intensely.



We played for this trophy as well as other prizes.



My brother was hilarious and had us laughing THE ENTIRE time!



My sister in law, nephew and mom. Clearly, they were also entertained.



The youngings watching...



I can't believe my parents actually won! So the non married siblings got to be on my parent's team. And they actually won! Last year, they came last. So this was definitely a fun win for them.



The 1st from behind team. They graciously accepted their "win".



Even my nephew couldn't hold a straight face.



Then it was our turn. J kept talking...



And talking...notice he is holding the trophy...



My sister anxiously waiting for the trophy...



But J would not be deterred. He kept going...


And going...it was so funny!



Yup...he's still there...Wanna guess what he does for a living?



You guessed it...



My sister hoping she would get the trophy at some point...



Almost there...



FINALLY! They have it...



The victors giving their victory speech.



They were so happy! Considering NO ONE thought they'd win. This was very funny and special.



Even they thought it was funny.



Doing the happy dance!



We're still smiling. We won another Roku device. Which will go into our basement. WOOHOO!!!

Check out JAE in the corner. She took a nap and woke up during this game. She was actually able to sleep in the midst of the loud noise.



The final score board.



The next day, we went to Six Flags to see the lights. It was a fun time as well.



US...


The gracious host family! These kids are rock stars in my book. I love them so much! And my sister and brother in law as well. Who am I kidding? I love my entire family so much it hurts sometimes!


J and my older brother in the stroller. Ummm??? Yeah...no words. And check out my  niece looking at her dad like "WTH dad!".





All of us. The kids that is. My parents needed a bit of break so they stayed behind at my sisters'. An updated family picture is definitely going to be done this year in DC.


Our munchkins.









JAE and JOE riding the copter. They LOVED it!



Me and my sisters. I love them so...these women are just THE BEST! Oh and my nephew too is pretty awesome.



Clearly, D was tired of the pictures.



And more pictures...




I love this sign. It reads "68% on-time deliveries guaranteed!" I hope no one operates their business like that.



More rides.



J and his girl JOE. These 2...



Definitely an awesome day spent with family.



Before you know it, it was time to head back home.



Enjoying their movie...Finding Dory...a gift from their grammy and g-dad.





A gift from my sister. The girls got a "pretend castle". The love playing in it.



The next day, I decided to get back to working out since I slacked off most of the prior 2 weeks. I got on the bike and this is what happened. I put on a DVD for them and since the workout area is not far, I figured they'd be entertained. NOOOOOO....This is what happened...one lying right next to my bike and screaming her head off while I tried to ride and the other playing with the weights and asking me to watch her to see her muscles!
No fear. I still completed my workout. I am trying this year to focus more on my health. I am no good to my family if I am not healthy.



Finished! Notice the iPAD on the floor. They were supposed to be watching that. But why watch the iPAD when you can play with workout equipment?



I love that JAE is always eager to model something for me. Here she is trying on the new satin lined headband I made.



And of course, JOE wanted in on it too.



These headbands are a perfect way to accessorize without doing too much. AND they are satin lined which means it won't pull on your hair. Win-win!




I hope you enjoyed reading the recap of our 2016 Christmas celebration. My sister did a FABULOUS job hosting and ensuring that everyone stayed entertained. 
 This year, we are the host family. We are very much looking forward to hosting everyone and as a Project Manager, I have already started my list of activities and other things in preparation. 

But first, I need to begin prepping for a Sofia Party! Yup...JAE's 2nd party is coming up and she wants a Sofia party. FUN FUN! Off to Pinterest I go...

Have a fabulous rest of the week and always remember to be kind to strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *