Thursday, January 14, 2016

Photo Dump Wednesday: Milestones

I was planning on doing this post yesterday but of course, work took priority and I didn't get a chance to post it. 

We have had several milestones in the last few weeks!

Last week, JOE had her first official visit to the dentist. She went with me 6-months ago to get a feel for the place as recommended by my dentist. Then last week, she got to sit in the chair and have her teeth observed. It was so cool. JOE asked A TON of questions and wouldn't stop talking. The dentist was very impressed with her. 
She did great!











Then there's my other little sunshine JAE aka "speedracer" cause she is racing through all of her milestones at lightening speed!

JAE started crawling just before she turned 5-months. She started going up the stairs a little before she was 6-months and then started pulling herself up to stand at 7-months. At 8-months, she decided to take her first steps! JOE didn't start making attempts to walk until closer to 10-months so she is well ahead of her sister. She started with a step here and there and as of last night, she is taking 6-8 steps at a time. 

She still doesn't have any teeth yet but you couldn't tell from the way she gnaws on her food! Of course I have to chew it for her some to make it softer and only give her smaller pieces but she really loves to eat "grown folks food!" 

I also started doing her hair since it has been getting in her eyes. Nothing too tight or too labor intensive but I find that she can't just do the "wash and go" anymore. :-). 
She LOVES to smile and is just an all around happy baby. She also LOVES to explore her environment and find out why things happen the way they do. For example, everytime she watches the iPAD (which isn't very often), she will turn it around to find out where the characters are coming from. Of course she is too little to understand but I love that she is curious. 
Although, J and I have found ourselves child-proofing areas we never had to with JOE. We still count it all joy :-).

My little princess turned 9-months last Sunday.
















I love that they now spend more time playing together. JAE is content just being around her sister and loves to chase her around where possible. I love to watching the growing bond between my daughters. 





And here is a goofy picture of me and the girls. Our mommy daughter selfie. Feeling very blessed!


2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of the first dentist appointment, it's so cool. JAE's cheeky smile, wow I love her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) JOE did great and made me so proud. She also asked A TON of questions.

      Delete

Follow my blog here

AyoBE

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *