Our little girl turned 2-months on Monday. I can't believe how fast time is flying and how much my little JOE is changing right before my eyes! It really is a miracle and each day, J & I thank God for this precious gift he has given us!
So I'll try to post 3-things on JOE's progress each month. I didn't post one last month so here are 6-things on her progress report.
Months 0 - 1: (Height: 19-inches, Weight: 6lbs 5oz)
1. We co-sleep with JOE (yes, I know...this is not for everyone but it works for us). When she gets in bed, she almost always rolls towards me. But when it comes time for feeding, she turns to her daddy since he does the night feeding while I am pumping.
2. JOE is a great eater! She loves her some milk! She now consumes 3-oz of breast milk per feeding and feeds every 2-hours.
3. JOE is fascinated with ceiling fans! It doesn't matter what type of fan it is, she'll stare at it every chance she gets.
Months 1 - 2: (Height: 22.5-inches, Weight: 10lbs 3.5oz)
1. JOE can now roll from one side to another!
2. JOE now tries to put her entire fist in her mouth! I don't think its very yummy though because after she makes several unsuccessful attempts, she screams out loud for her milk! Speaking of, she is now up to 4-oz of breast milk per feeding but she now feeds every 2-3 hours!
3. JOE smiles A LOT now. If you smile at her, you are almost assured to get a smile back. I LOVE this about her!
So here are progress pics of our little JOE. She looks different! Still very bright eyed! I think she is fascinated with the flash from the camera.
You can't tell but the top half of her iris are blue! Yup...very unusual. I freaked out thinking it was a digestive problem (thanks Google for sending me into panic mode!). The doctor checked her out and it is a genetic trait. Her grandfather on her daddy's side has blue eyes! Not sure why I didn't think of that in the first place.
For comparison, the picture on the left was taken the week after I brought her home (@1-week) and the picture on the right was taken last night (@9-weeks). This co-sleeper is supposed to last up to 25-lbs. Somehow, I don't think she'll be 25-lbs by the time she outgrows this thing.
I am now back working part time (20-hours per week from home) which means I'll be turning on my computer more often. Translation, I can blog after work or during my lunch breaks. YAY!!!
That's all folks. Hope you're having a fantastic week so far!